Gamblin is going to have an informative lecture and demonstration here at Art Central on Saturday, October 25th, at 11am.
There is no charge for this great opportunity, but SIGN-UPS IN ADVANCE ARE A MUST!!! We will cap the number of participants at 27, so if you sign up, please show up!
Sign-up by e-mail only: email@example.com
Please put the word GAMBLIN in the subject line.
Since our founding, Gamblin Artists Colors has handcrafted luscious oil colors and contemporary mediums true to the working properties of traditional materials, yet safer and more permanent. Gamblin’s dedication to today’s oil painters extends beyond offering the finest possible materials – we believe in sharing our knowledge so painters can choose those materials that best support their own artistic visions.
Understanding Contemporary Oil Painting Materials, a 90 minute Lecture Demonstration will cover the following:
- Artist’s Oil Colors – Gamblin’s approach to color making
- Color Theory – 2-dimensional vs 3-dimensional Color Space
- Color Mixing – Navigating Color Space: Gamblin’s practical approach to color mixing
- Mineral vs Modern Pigments – How to create a personalized palette of colors
- Indirect vs Direct Techniques – Historical application of opaque and transparent colors
- FastMatte Alkyd Oil Colors – Benefits and uses of fast-drying, matte oil colors
- Galkyd Painting Mediums – Focus on working properties and choosing the right medium
- Building Permanent Paintings – Understanding Fat Over Lean approaches
- Supports, Sizing and Grounds – How they affect color and permanence
- Studio Safety – How to create a safe studio environment using Gamsol OMS
- Gamvar Picture Varnish – Understanding contemporary varnishes and controlling surface quality
All attendees will receive FREE Gamblin Product & Literature Samples
Timothy Robert Smith is a Los Angeles based oil painter and muralist, using observational techniques to portray a multi-dimensional perspective of the universe. Since recently graduating from Laguna College of Art and Design with an MFA in studio art, he has had two exhibitions at Copro Gallery in Bergamot Station. He currently teaches at CSU Los Angeles, where he received his BFA degree. Timothy’s artwork can be viewed at:
|Timothy Robert SmithThe work of Timothy Robert Smith|
|View on www.timothy…|
Just a reminder: we ask participants to park on the street (all-day free parking on Pepper Street).
Hope you can join us for this exciting event… sign up today!